We all do things to help us minimize stress. It may be making life changes, exercising, or relaxing with a cup of tea. But sometimes we need a little more help so we can handle the stress like a superhero.
In this article, I am going to discuss the three best supplements to help combat stress. These will help us roll with the punches so we can adapt and grow.
Why Supplements Are Important
Life for most people is unbalanced. And most of us have become unbalanced in our diet as well. The nutrition we lack with our diet, nutritional supplements can help supplement. Thus, taking a high quality nutritional supplement is important because poor nutrition can add to our stress level.
Quality Supplement Criteria
When looking for a quality supplement, there are a few things we want to look for.
- Certified USDA Organic. This means that 95% or more of the ingredients are free of pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and dyes. The other 5% or less can be ingredients used to bind the product that are on the USDA approved list.
- Non – GMO. GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organism. This can refer to plants or animals whose genetic material has been changed in ways that do not occur in nature. Non – GMO means that the product is made without ingredients that were genetically modified.
- Free of Gluten and common allergens. Many people are gluten intolerant and/or allergic to corn, soy, and dairy.
- No ingredients that are of animal origin. There are some products that come from animals that should not be consumed.
- No artificial binders or fillers. Fillers bind all the ingredients together. And artificial fillers that have no nutritional value because our bodies cannot properly digest something that is fake.
- Packaged in a glass amber bottles. When a nutritional supplement in packaged in a glass bottle, it is a non verbal sign that the company cares about the quality of the product along with your well-being.
We now know the criteria that makes for a quality nutritional supplement. So let’s talk about the two best natural supplements to combat stress that fits this criteria that I have found.
The Himalaya company was founded in 1930. And they use nature and science to produce Ayurveda – based, pharmaceutical – grade herbal medicine products. Plus, they offer a full line of clinically studied herbal formulations. ‘
This company packages their supplements in amber glass bottles. The supplements are free of wheat, soy, dairy, gluten, and animal products. They are vegan friendly and do not have any unnecessary added ingredients. And they are non – GMO verified.
I use several of this company’s single herb supplements for different health concerns, but when I need something for stress, I use the Stress Care and when I need something to feel more positive I use the Mind Care.
- Promotes healthy levels of relaxation, mood and energy
- Supports normal levels of your stress hormone cortisol
- Relaxes your mind and body and promotes concentration and calmness
- Promotes peace of mind, vitality and metabolic wellness
- Great for occasional sleeplessness, fatigue and frustration
This vitamin comes in a pill form that is easy to swallow. And I only need one.
For me, this supplement relaxes me and I feel calm and peaceful.
- Mind Care supports memory, focus and logic
- Helps with occasional absentmindedness and occasional lack of concentration
- Sustains your body’s ability to keep your mind alert
- Blends nootropic herbs that also help with mood and mental fatigue
- Helps relax your mind to promote concentration and calmness
These supplements come in a pill form and are easy to swallow.
For me, this supplement helps me feel alert and in the moment. And one pill is all I need.
This company was founded in 1979 as an alternative health care clinic. When Dr. Schultze was diagnosed with a rare heart condition and heart disease at the age of 16, he started his journey toward recovery and true wellness. In his search for true wellness he was able to heal himself through the power of plants and was able to help other people too. In 1994, after 15 years of formulating herbal medicines, Dr. Schulze opened the American Botanical Pharmacy where distribution of his pharmaceutical-grade herbal medicines are not limited to those who came to his clinic.
This company also packages it’s supplements in amber glass bottles. They take pride in using only certified organic and wild harvest ingredients. The supplements are free of gluten, common allergens, GMO, animal products, and rice is uses as the binder.
I use several different supplements from this line – Super Food 100, Echinacea Plus, and Intestinal Formula 1.
- Contains some of the worlds most powerful super foods
- Contains 100% of your RDI of Vitamins A, B’s C & E
- Contains over 500% Vitamin B12
These supplements come in a pill form and are easy to swallow and easy to digest.
These vitamins are potent and I am unable to take the recommended dose of three tablets a day. If I do, I am unable to sleep at night. For me, one tablet does the trick!
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps relieve cold and flu symptoms
- Increases the number of immune fighting cells in the body
It comes as a tincture and includes garlic and habanaro pepper. You put the recommended dose in an 8 ounce glass of water and drink it. I don’t really love the taste of it, but it is potent and does the job.
I use this product during cold and flu season. I once had bronchitis that lasted for 3 months. This was the only product that helped me recover from what felt like death.
- Helps improve elimination
- Improves digestion
- Helps with weight management
This comes in a capsule form and is easy to swallow and soft on your system.
I try but I don’t always have the best diet. So on Saturday nights before I go to bed, I take this capsule as a way to clean out my system from the week.
Oregon Wild Harvest
This company started the early 90s when founders Randy and Pam Buresh had a dream to naturally heal the body and the earth by growing and manufacturing organic herbal supplements. As a caregiver by profession and farmer by nature, he was always in search of less invasive treatments for illness and health conditions.
This company packages their supplements in amber glass bottles and are free of gluten, common allergens, and are 100% plant based. They are verified non-GMO and certified by Oregon Tilth.
They offer an impressive number of single herb supplements that mainly come in capsule form. And the smell of each capsule is as if you picked it from the garden and ate it.
I have used many products form this line, but I use Schisandra consistently.
- Balances out the nervous and immune systems
- Helps relieve anxiety and depression
- Helps protect against environmental stressors
I take this everyday because I suffer from anxiety and this has helped me to control it without the side effects of traditional medicine. And since using it, I no longer get butterflies in my stomach and a racing heart when I feel vulnerable.
We all need a little help getting through the day sometimes. Whether we need support for stressful times, mental clarity, energy, immune support, a detox, or anxiety, Himalaya, Dr. Shultze, and Oregon Wild Harvest are my top three choices. And if you would like recommendations on what could help you, please ask in the comments below! I am very well versed in these companies.
But please remember not all nutritional supplements are for everyone. If you are concerned about whether or not they are for you, it might be best for you to talk with your doctor.
Thank you and best wishes,
Danica at Let’s Roll With the Punches